Sunday, June 1, 2014

2 weeks to go!

Plus or minus 2 weeks, I suppose.  Rob and I are in a waiting state now.  Everyone at work expects me to leave any day now (could it be my size?), but I expect another 2 weeks at least.  I think she will be a few days late.  Although, personally, I'd love to have her tonight.  I can't carry around this weight much longer.  My little feet have taken a beating trying to haul her around the past couple of weeks.  And her activity level hasn't slowed down yet, which means I am eating (and peeing) every couple of hours now.

The past month, we have been busy "nesting" -- getting the baby room together, buying our last minute items, installing the car seat, packing our hospital bag.  We took birthing classes and had our baby shower.  We even had one last ultrasound to check the growth.  Now we just wait.

We have quite a few pictures from the past month.  You will be amazed to see me grow.

Let's start with a reminder of what I looked like last post (at 31 weeks) - this is what I consider the "cute" stage:


33 weeks, still looking cute.  Getting out, working out still, lots of walking.  Even starting to get a little sun with our warm weather.  Life is cute:

By the baby shower, 34 weeks, it's starting to look more like a basketball.  Lots of comments again of "almost there"!  Or my favorite "you look HUGE!".  I still can stand this size, I feel like a pregnant lady, full of life and energy:



Rob thought it would be funny to put a watermelon under his shirt to compare to me, not even close:

This is when we got to see our little baby again.  She was 4 3/4 lb at this point, which puts her close to 6 1/2 lbs now.  She'll be average sized after all.  But I cannot stand how cute her little lips are:

At 36 weeks, we went to the coast for one last getaway, just the two of us.  We really did have a blast - Rob splurged on a nice condo and we lucked out on the warm, sunny weather.  A couple of great meals and some time off from work put us in the mood to get this show on the road.  The two bad parts of the trip: (1) I hit the wall in terms of exercise: I am done walking, period. (2) Someone asked me if I was having twins.  It happens to the best of us, I suppose.

And here we are today at 38 weeks.  I honestly feel like I did back at 33 weeks.  But then I get up, run errands, walk around a little bit, and I am DONE.  It hasn't slowed her down though -- she's still pushing, shoving, and rubbing her little feet against my belly 75% of the day.  She was actually kicking me during these pictures: she's either really loving it in there or getting ready for her big debut.  Only time will tell.


 Contemplating what's to come.  Or thinking about dinner.  Tough to say:


I'm most excited to get past this birthing process I keep hearing about.   Rob is really excited to have paternity leave during the World Cup. :)  We're both excited, anxious, and ready to meet our daughter! 






No comments:

Post a Comment